Everyone is born with a baby soft skin but as you grow up your skin texture changes as harsh sunrays, pollutants, chemicals, environmental changes, diet and lifestyle takes a toll on skin. All this results in dry, rough and uneven skin texture. Even a poor skin care routine, hydration and nutrition also leads to dull, uneven and rough skin.
Right skin care routine and healthy lifestyle can give you soft, supple and vibrant skin even as you grow old.
- Most important thing to do for amazing skin is to drink sufficient amount of water. Water is a magic tonic along with good health it gives smooth, shiny, youthful skin. Even a mild dehydration can affect feel of the skin.
- Eat healthy food. Avoid oily food as much as possible. Consume lot of hydrating fruits and vegetables and food rich in omega 3, omega 6,protein and antioxidants. This will reduce skin inflammation, improve skin texture and elasticity.
- Regular exercise improves the health of the skin. It improves blood circulation and supply essential nutrients to the skin and promotes removal of toxins. Exercise supports the production of collagen, a protein that is the support structure of our skin. When you exercise, you strengthen and tone the muscles beneath the skin, making the skin look healthier.
- Along with it, it’s important to maintain a regular skin routine.
- Wash face at least twice a day.
- Apply hydrating moisturizer and if possible with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid keeps collagen synthesis up, retains moisture, protects from UVB rays and boosts elasticity and hydration of skin thus contributing as great anti aging agent. To get the natural glow and hydration use washed ghee.
- Sun damage is one of the culprits of rough, uneven skin. Use SPFwhenever you step out. Use at least SPF 15 over face, neck and exposed skin. Or rather than using two different products you can use moisturizer with SPF.
- It’s really important to moisturize and hydrate your under eye and neck. Don’t ever forget to moisturize your neck are. It’s said that your neck skin shows your age. Skin under your eyes is very thin and gets wrinkles and dry easily. So, it’s important to use under eye cream.
- Exfoliate your skin at least 2–3 times a week with mild exfoliant.
- Follow CTM routine every night. Always cleanse, tone and moisturize skin before you hit the bed. Cleansing and toning will keep the free of impurities and moisturizing will keep the skin hydrated. And we all know that dry skin ages faster! So all three steps are required and they are required in conjunction. Skin prepares collagen and repairs itself at night. So following night routine is a must.
- Use DIY face pack using natural ingredients yogurt, coconut milk, honey, peppermint, papaya, cucumber, banana, gram flour, tomatoes, turmeric, tomatoes this will improve skin texture and will result in flawless skin. Check out some of the skin care remedies here.
- Every one knows about the beauty sleep. Proper amount good night’s sleep works wonder for skin. Lack of sleep leaves skin dry, dull and accelerates skin aging.
There are tons of remedies and anti aging products available for youthful even skin but remember “sometimes less is more”. Rather than using too many products use the product that suits you the best.
Try to use as much natural products as possible.
Follow these three daily practices to stay young and have healthy, young skin.
Until Next Time!